Huawei smartphones are popular and widely used among Clever Dialer SDK (demo) app users. Unfortunately, they all have one annoying feature: Without asking you, they aggressively close apps as soon as you lock the screen to save battery, including apps that may need to run in the background. This means: Your Huawei smartphone deactivates the Clever Dialer SDK (demo) app that you installed for protection. Therefore, you cannot be reliably warned from spam calls. Antivirus apps, parental controls, fitness or GPS navigation apps are also affected.
But there is hope! You can prevent your Huawei smartphone from closing apps even if you lock the screen.
Here we go:
- Unlock your Huawei smartphone and open the Settings app
- Tap on the Battery setting category
- Here open the App launch category
- Simply flip the switch to set up manual management of the Clever Dialer SDK (demo) app
- To fix all problems, we recommend to allow the Clever Dialer SDK (demo) app to run all three activities
- Secondary launch
- Run in background
This is how it should look like. You’ve made it!
- From now on, the Clever Dialer SDK (demo) app will always run in the background, even if you lock your smartphone screen.
On what Huawei smartphones does it work?
This tutorial has been successfully tested on a Huawei P10 Plus. It should work on ALL Huawei smartphones that have EMUI version 8 or later with Android 8 Oreo. This includes the following models: Huawei P10, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20 Lite and the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 20 family.
If these instructions did not help, you can take a look at https://dontkillmyapp.com/huawei